The Coward Police Department is a local government law enforcement agency committed to providing professional, courteous and impartial law enforcement services to the residents and visitors of Coward, South Carolina.
For more information, check out our Frequently Asked Questions below.
3720 US HWY 52
Coward, SC 29530
Coward Police Department
PO BOX 67
Coward, SC 29530
Chief of Police
Like us on Facebook: Coward Police Department
For EMERGENCIES, dial 911.
The Coward Police Department does not provide background checks.
For an official comprehensive background check, please visit the SLED website: www.sled.state.sc.us.
Offered by appointment only.
Cost: $5.00 per card
You will need to present your State issued ID/license
You must bring the fingerprint cards provided to you by the employer / organization / agency. We DO NOT provide fingerprint cards.
You must settle the case made against you in one of the following ways:
1) You must appear in court at the appointed time with your state issued drivers license if indicated in the violation block on the front side of the summons.
2) You may post a cash bond with the appropriate trial court prior to the assigned date of trail. If you decide to mail in your bond rather go to the office mail money order, cashiers check or certified check directly to the trial court office before whom you are summoned to appear. the trial court name and address are are shown on the front side of the summons. DO NOT mail cash or personal check. Be sure to enclose with the bond the arresting officer’s name and the summons number.
3) You may appear in court on the assigned date and time and have a trial conducted by the Trial Judge.
The posting of bond before your assigned trial date in no way affects your right to have a fair trial by the judge or, if you make a written request before your scheduled trial by jury. However, if you are not required to appear in court on the assigned trial date and have previously posted bond and do not appear on the trial date, you bond may be forfeited unless the judge has agreed to have your case heard at another time.
If you fail to post bond or personally appear in court on the assigned trial date, you will be tried in your absence and, if convicted, your home state’s Motor Vehicle Division will be notified to suspend your license until you have cleared this matter with the trial court. Additionally, a willfule failure to appear or post bond is punishable as a separate offense by a fine of up to $200.00 or imprisonment of up to 30 days.
Proper attire is required for court room appearances. No hats, sunglasses, house shoes, pajamas, clothing with obscene language or inappropriate graphics. Underwear / undergarments will not be exposed. Dress code will be enforced.
- Speeding; (1-10 mphs over; $76.88 & 2 points / 11-15 mph over; $128.75 & 4 points / 16-25 mph over; $180.63 & 4 points / 25 + mph over; $440.00 & 6 points)
- Seatbelt Violation; $25.00
- Faulty Equipment (i.e. cracked windshield); $232.50
- Disregard Stop Sign; $232.50 & 4 points
Florence County Sheriff’s Office
Registered Sex Offenders
Pee Dee Coalition
Florence County Solicitors Office
Florence County (Official County Website)
South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
South Carolina State Statutes